7 Most Common Mental Illnesses Everyone Should Know
Mental health illness can affect people of any age, gender or race. It can range from mild to severe and most of the factors are responsible for triggering this illness. Those who face mental health disorders, face a lot of difficulty in coping up with their routine life because of their changed thinking, mood and behavior.
While, there are a number of mental health disorders, but, in this blog, we are going to talk about 7 most common mental illnesses that affect almost 50% of young adults.
- ASD or Autism Spectrum Disorder: It is a condition in which an individual’s brain development is affected. It even effects how a person perceives and reacts to certain situations. It includes a number of symptoms and depending upon its severity, you must decide to consult psychiatrist in Bhopal to treat ASD.
- Schizophrenia: It is one such mental illness that can cause people to hallucinate or express no emotion at all. Also, the face difficulty in thinking clearly and making decisions. While this decision can occur at any age but according to research, it has been known that it tends to affect people in their late teens.
- Bipolar Disorder: It is a serious mental health disorder in which people face emotions from manic episodes to depressive episodes. The depressive episodes are so severe then they start to affect the relationships, affect the academic performance and even start to affect their work professionally. Most of the people who get diagnosed with bipolar are of the age of 25.
- OCD or Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: This mental health disorder is characterized by repetitive and unwanted urges of certain actions. People of all age get affected by OCD. The symptoms of OCD affect routine activities of an individual and therefore, it is required to consult psychiatrist in Bhopal on an urgent basis.
- Anxiety Disorders: This disorder is one of the most common mental health disorders that affect people of all the ages. Anxiety disorder includes OCD, panic attacks and phobias. Obviously, we all face anxiety at some point or the other in our lives, but when it exceeds and starts to affect our daily life, then anxiety disorder is present.
- Phobias: Anxiety disorder can take a form of phobia where people become self-conscious or anxious about something. The situation can go to an extreme level bed people can spend days and weeks worrying about a single situation. Also, in most of the cases, people start to avoid certain activities or even avoid to leave their home.
- Mood Disorders: Mood disorders can have different levels of severity and can prove to be difficult to diagnose in an individual. In most of the cases, this mental health disorder can also be termed as major depressive disorder. Some of the symptoms include lack of focus, changes in appetite and thoughts of suicide. If you are the one who are facing symptoms of mood disorders, then do not ignore and take an appointment with psychiatrist in Bhopal so that this mental illness can be treated.