Top 6 Warning Signs About Depression
In this modern world, parents should never expect their children to tell them each and everything. If we talk about young teens, then they are often afraid to express their feelings in front of their parents. Also, they feel anxious about people judging them. That’s when it is important that you start to notice warning signs of depression in your teen child and consult the best psychiatrist in Bhopal if you find one or more warning signs in your child.
In this post, we are going to talk about top 6 warning signs of depression that a parent must look in their teen child.
- Inability to control the emotions: When a child enters into their teenage, they start to face mood swings as well. Their uncontrollable emotional outbursts can be a sign of depression other than raging hormones. If you notice that your teen is showing extreme anger, frustration or extreme sadness, then you must never ignore these signs as it could be depression behind it.
- Sudden social isolation: Teenagers love to stay on social media and most of the young adults love to hang out with their friends instead of staying at their home. But if a teen has started to isolate themselves, then it could be a sign of mental disturbance. If they have started to excuse themselves to avoid others, then depression could be one of the reasons behind it.
- Changes in appetite: A growing teen may require good amount of food. But if a teen is depressed, then they eat only to satisfy by their hunger. Other may quit eating altogether. Drastic changes in the appetite could be a sign of depression.
- Poor performance in school: It isn’t common for a teenager to bring bad grades at home. But it could be occasionally. But if you have started to notice that your teenager has a sudden drop in their academic performance, then depression could be an underlying issue. This could be due to lose of interest in their school work.
- Poor personal hygiene: Most of the children who enter into their teenage, start to take pride in their appearance. They want to look best in front of others. But when depression enters into their life, the image top to care about how they look. And a sudden drop in teen’s personal hygiene could be a reason of depression.
- Making a suicide plan: For teenagers, suicide is the last report for them. You may notice that your teenager would be talking about their suicide thoughts with their friends and even start to research about it on the internet. Unfortunately, most of the teenagers do attempt for suicide. In this situation, it is always important for the parents to see symptoms in their child and consult the psychiatrist for depression treatment in Bhopal. Suicide is not the only option that they are left with, instead, the parents should sit with their child and talk about the problems and issues that they are facing. Do not ignore these signs of depression.