How Depression Look Like in Women?
Depression isn’t just a term that you describe as a period when you feel sad about something that has recently happened in your life. Instead, it is a serious mood disorder that can affect your routine life in a terrible manner. This disorder is not at all easy to recognise and even to treat. An individual means even not realise that he or she is dealing with depression until you gain enough knowledge about depression. Although depression can happen to anyone but it has been estimated that women experience this mood disorder more than men do.
The depression symptoms in women are different from the men. Some of the symptoms that women experience during their depression period are as follows:
- Not at all enjoying the hobbies or interests that they once did
- Not being able to concentrate upon one work
- Losing or gaining good amount of weight and appetite
- Feeling exhausted after every small interval of time
- Feeling irritated
- Having feelings of hopelessness and helplessness
- Crying without any particular cause or reason
- Not getting enough sleep at night
- Having extreme mood swings
- Facing thoughts about death and suicide
Men and women both experience different kinds of signs or symptoms at different levels of depression. Well the main reason so as to why these differences occur in men and women are because of hormonal differences that occur in between them.
Women experience the following hormonal changes during:
- During delivery
According to Psychiatrist in Bhopal – Dr. Manish Borasi, some of the Other differences that can occur in the depression period of both men and women could be due to the social norms. If you talk about India, when men are expected to be tough and not to cry in the extreme situations. While the women, on the other hand, are expected to be openly emotional.
This is the tendency which cause both men and women to express their feelings of depression differently.
Men express their feelings in the way:
- By showing anger
- By blaming the people around them
- By fighting randomly
- By turning out to destructive habits like drinking and smoking
Women express their feelings in the way:
- By showing sadness
- By blaming themselves
- By turning themselves to unhealthy habits
Life of a woman is not at all easy and thus, if you are also facing some or the other signs or symptoms, then instead of ignoring these symptoms, it is vital that you consult psychiatrist in Bhopal so as to getting rid of the mood disorder that is depression. It will help an individual in functioning their life normally and also it will get their life back on track.